Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Erica's food, July 29.

Today we drove to Texas for collecting bugs. I always eat terribly when we travel.

Breakfast, 8:30: Grits with American cheese, Carnation Instant breakfast. The last time I was at the store I decided to get the instant breakfast with no sugar and extra fiber even though it is more expensive than the sugary kind.

Lunch: We went to the Dairy Queen in some forgettable town in Kansas. I got chicken strips, but they were so bad that I could only eat the fries.

Dinner: We stopped in Dodge City, Kansas (birthplace of Wyatt Earp!) and decided to look around briefly and sample the local cuisine. Well, the local cuisine of west Kansas consists of beef. So I had sirloin kabobs with grilled peppers and onions with a baked potato and side salad. After dinner we got the hell out of Dodge. I saved my dinner roll and ate it at some point in Oklahoma.

Snacks: Snacking is required in the car. We brought Cinnabon coffee beverages, string cheese, sasparilla soda (diet), gummi Lifesavers, and BBQ chips with us. Food that we don't eat at other times helps pass the time.

No comments: