Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm doing something new

And I need you guys to badger me. I NEED to start cooking because 1) I'm a good cook and 2) I eat every meal out and this needs to stop because I'm letting money flow through my fingers like water. So. I am striving to prepare 12 meals a week. This would be a huge improvement over now, where I prepare 0 meals a week. Ha. No, wait. That's not funny. Plus I have this kickass windowsill garden where I have access to fresh herbs, tomatoes, stawberries, and such. I have no excuses!

Be mean. Or stern. Or whatever. I just need to be better about my food.

I will attempt to be reporting this daily!!

2 comments:

Sig. said...

I'm telling you, make the chili. It's quick and easy. You just have to brown the meat, throw the rest in the pot, and walk away while it simmers for 30 minutes.

Of course, it's probably not 50 and raining in Minneapolis, so maybe you don't want to do a nice warm winter food. :)

rakhi. said...

I'm really bad at chili is the problem. Which is ridiculous because you're supposed to just put it in a pot and let it boil, but mine never turns out right. I don't know how to make it better, or what I'm doing wrong. It just is never the right consistency. My mom makes fantastic chili, my step dad makes fantastic chili, my brother makes glorious chili. I am just chili-inept!

That said, I will attempt to make some this upcoming week to bring for lunch. *sigh* I'm just not looking forward to it.